- B.S. University of Alabama (1997)
- J.D. Emory University / University of Alabama (2000)
- LL.M. New York University (2001)
Robert S. Plott has been married to his wife, Blair, since 2000. They have two sons, Boots and Thomas.
- Licensed private pilot
- Certified sailor
- Marathon and ultramarathon (50 mile) runner
Involvement & Affiliations:
- Board of Directors, Thomas Plott Foundation, Inc.
- Board of Directors, Nick’s Kids Foundation
- State Advocacy Co-Chair, Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Former Director, Indian Hills Country Club
- Graduate, Leadership Tuscaloosa
- American Bar Association (Tax, Property & Probate Sections)
- Alabama Bar Association
- Member, First Presbyterian Church
- State of Texas
- State of Alabama
Following his graduation from New York University School of Law’s LL.M. in taxation program, Robert S. Plott began his legal career as an attorney with Baker Botts, LLP, a large, international law firm based in Houston, Texas. At Baker Botts, Mr. Plott’s practice focused primarily on structuring mergers, acquisitions and real estate transactions in a tax efficient manner. After his time at Baker Botts, Mr. Plott moved back to Alabama where he practiced at the regional law firm, Maynard, Cooper & Gale, PC and, later, as a partner at Phelps, Jenkins, Gibson & Fowler, LLP.
Utilizing the knowledge and experience gained working on large, complex transactions at these firms, Mr. Plott strives to offer his clients sophisticated counsel while maintaining the responsiveness and personal attention of a small firm.